17 October 2017

Garden Progress

We continue to add to our garden. Brent built a large steel bed in the back yard and planted tomatoes, potatoes, peanuts, asparagus, and cotton. He added 2 pomegranate bushes on the south side of our garage. I continue to raise pumpkins and zinnias in the front. Someday I will add the permanent landscaping, still working on amending the dirt.

The pecan tree yielded 3 nuts that we were not expecting this year:
My pumpkin was growing one HUGE pumpkin and we only allowed an additional 3 pumpkins to keep growing on the plant. But one very, very sad day I came out and my plant looked like this:
The next day completely dead. Squash bugs. Ugh. I was very sad since I love my pumpkins! 

Our grapes went crazy this year and I was able to steam/process 67 quarts of the most delicious concord grape juice ever! I was surprised to get so many quarts since it's just the third year of our grapes. We will enjoy the juice it all year long! 





No comments:

Post a Comment