24 June 2012

Day 266: My Favorite Quote at Church Today

This was my favorite quote at church today.  It was given during a Laurel (youth) Lesson (thanks Cheryl) and is from the LDS Church Handbook of Instruction:

“The Savior has commanded the Church and its members to be self-reliant and independent..…

“To become self-reliant, a person must WORK. WORK is physical, mental, or spiritual effort. It is a basic source of happiness, self-worth, and prosperity. Through WORK, people accomplish many good things in their lives.…

“As people become self-reliant, they are better prepared to endure adversities” and are “better able to care for others in need.”

(I added the red, underline and italics)  

I have been thinking a lot about WORK lately and the blessings that will come from our work.  I loved the line "it is a basic source of happiness, self-worth....."  Happiness and self-worth, that's what we're after for our kidlettes with this project.  We are most definitely a family who works and I hope that my children will carry this ethic into their future lives.  

No comments:

Post a Comment