06 December 2012

DAY 428: Carpet, Too Many Choices

Carpet samples have invaded my living room.  Today I am leaning towards NOT doing a frieze.  Who came up with that word anyway?  It feels like a chapter in a Fancy Nancy book  "Frieze is a fancy way of saying shag carpet".  You can't tell me that it's not a shag carpet.  Anyway, I'm thinking maybe a low profile carpet and then throw some fluffy accent rugs around.  But that's today.

 I learned yesterday that they have carpet for the west coast and carpet for the east coast.  The east coast is more bold in color choices.  Out west we lean towards the desert/nature colors.  When I walk into a carpet shop it seems like the samples scream "Pick brown!  Which shade of brown do you like?"  I had no idea that the browns can look so different.

Yesterday I sat in a friend's living room on her new shag, I mean frieze, carpet and the first words out of my mouth were "Is this chestnut?" It was. I know the names of too many carpet samples.  I wish I could have said first "Your new carpet looks AWESOME!" (because it does).  Chestnut is actually one of the friezes I was considering.  We both have great taste (wink wink).

I'm more than a little frozen with all the final choices.  This is the part that everyone sees.  No one will care that we carefully stacked the ICF blocks and made (pretty) straight walls.  Of course they would noticed if we didn't do that.  But you see wall color, carpet, tile, all those final choices.

Tired.

Joyeux Jour de Saint Nicolas!  The kidlettes all found chocolate santas in the morning. Yummy Lindt chocolate which they will probably slather in peanut butter to eat. We love December 6th!


(Hey!  Is that a frieze I see on our floor?)

No comments:

Post a Comment