31 December 2012

DAY 453: Old-Timey Bathroom Progress

Today Brent worked on piecing together my old-timey bathroom.  It looks AWESOME and I love it.  It took longer than expected (everything does these days.....) to install a toilet, pedestal sink, mirror and light.  But LOOK!  I love it!


 I like to help, there are lots of things I can do at the house, but when it comes to installing toilets, sinks and lights, I'm not much help.  I'm the one who holds things steady, runs to Lowes or Home Depot for the missing part, the one who checks to see if things are centered, etc.  Today I will try to clean up the bathroom, run to get the right cords for the sink, hang the door and mark spots that need attention.

Hilario painted more over the weekend but we had a few spots like this:
The crackle effect on the white trim is not supposed to be there.  I will have to sand down those spots and repaint.  We have a couple of them in the house.  We still don't have our furnace going and I think the inside temp/thickness of the paint are affecting the finish.  But, as with everything else in the house, we will get it fixed!

That was our New Years Eve.  Brent and I made it home around 9pm.  The kidlettes had made crepes, we watched an episode of Sherlock (just me and Brent) and that was our party.  We are up again early in the morning to keep working. 

No comments:

Post a Comment