22 September 2012

Day 356: Retaining Walls



 Just in case you wondered if I like everything we do....I do not like putting up retaining walls.  Sometimes we just have to do things we don't like to do.  We spent our Saturday placing eight base blocks for the retaining walls.  Eight base blocks in eleven hours.  It was a frustrating process that included lots of gravel (a couple of tons), a skidster, shovels, levels, string, 2x4s, ramming pole, more wood, lots of dirt, concrete drill, chains, straps, chisels, a hoe, a compressor, drain pipe and eight 1700 pound blocks.  Ugh.  I wasn't able to take action photos since it took all of us, me, Brent and Cole to do the work.  But now we have a base (yay) and placing the top blocks should be (?) much easier.  Eeerrrgggghhh.

My Mom and Dad came over while we were placing the (obnoxious) third block.  We didn't have a chance to chat but my Mom had cooked us dinner for tonight--INSPIRED and it made me so happy.  My girlies (who spent the day at home roaming the neighborhood, "doing" housework--actually the kitchen was very clean, by Sierra--she wants me to tell you, selling chocolate for orchestra--wanna' buy some? It's the "World's Finest Chocolate"...think Elf and my favorite line "Congratulations!  You did it!  World's BEST cup of coffee!!!"  It comes in many flavors and only costs $1.00) were happy to have a yummy dinner.

And so sad, a casualty, from hauling and dumping gravel...Ouch!
One final note:  HAH to the selfish hooligans who tried to break into Brent's blue cabinet to find something to steal, nothing valuable there.  But thanks for stealing the $80.00 plant cam, hope you buy something really nice for me after you pawn it or sell it.  You can leave my gift on the front porch (can you tell I'm in a mood today????)

3 comments:

  1. I like the way you write. Awesome, keep it up.
    Retaining Walls

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is really interesting for me to read this article. Thanks for it. I like such topics and everything connected to them.
    Retaining Walls

    ReplyDelete
  3. I truly like to reading your post. Thank you so much for taking the time to share such a nice information.
    expando

    ReplyDelete