29 September 2012

DAY 363: Lots of Little Details Today!

 Brent picked up the last of our retaining wall blocks from Redi Rock.  They are now all here and accounted for!

Cole worked on holes for wiring in the garage...
 Brent put in the side door for the garage...
 I mixed QuickCrete and stuffed it in a grout bag.  Basically a frosting bag but industrial sized/strength and rubbermatized inside...
 I piped the delicious QuickCrete under the stair thresholds...
 Made some delicious concrete decorations.....
Then smoothed it all out for a pretty finish under the threshold.  Now I only have four more doors left.  But now that I know what I'm doing it will hopefully go a bit quicker! 
I took a break at 6 pm to listen to the LDS General Relief Society Broadcast http://www.lds.org/broadcasts/archive/general-relief-society-meeting/2012/09?lang=eng .  Feeling excited to learn from these wonderful women for the next few years.  I LOVED Elder Eyring's talk.  I can do better, give a little more, and serve others!  Good Night Saturday!

The two headaches we face this week:  our siding was postponed.  It was supposed to start this week but they are behind schedule.  It wouldn't be a point of concern except that we need to paint the exterior (Hardie Board) before the weather snaps and we can't paint outside.

Other headache: Our (future, yet to be placed) beams on the side porch won't match our concrete in any sort of symmetrical fashion.  We have to get creative with this solution.  Right now I'm drawing a blank.

I'm learning a lot about Blogger.  I'm getting better at it, better than I was a year ago.  One of my favorite tools is in the design section, just simply looking at the Stats.  I think it's fun that people read what I have to say.  I started the blog because of the technology we are using (ICF). I get a lot of blank stares when I describe it to people so it's easy to refer them to the blog and they get a clear picture of how it works.  But back to the Stats....I love looking at the viewers from different countries.  This is wild:  Russia--241 views, Canada--47, Germany--39, Fance--32, India--16, Philipines--15, United Kingdom--12, Malasia--11, South Korea--6.   Pretty cook, huh?  What's up with Russia liking the blog?  That is awesome!!!

Je dit un grand "bonjour" a tous mes amis en France.  J'ai passe 18 mois en France il y a longtemps.  Mais je pense souvent a votre joli pays et je veux bien le visiter encore! Est-ce que vous aimez ma maison?  A bientot!

No comments:

Post a Comment