06 February 2013

DAY 490: 12:12 a.m.

Happy Wednesday!  We just walked through the door at 12:12 am.  It was a late one tonight.  Preparations were made all day long for the final inspection this afternoon at 4:00 p.m.  We hope that we are ready.  It will still require Brent to go work early in the morning and I will need to work throughout the day.

This is what our house looks like at midnight:
 I still have big piles of messes and projects out that need to be cleared away before 4:00 p.m.  I'll get there!

And for your viewing pleasure a good shot of our living room.  I ordered extra carpet for the stairs so we can freshen them up in a few years. I wasn't anticipating receiving pad also.  Now to find a place to store it...
 I am pleased with how the carpet turned out on the stairs.  This is a closer representation of the color of our carpet.

Blackhurst Carpet did our carpets and they were fantastic!  I had to reschedule the carpets multiple times and they NEVER complained or made a fuss. I highly recommend!
Our projects today included (but not limited to...): Install kitchen faucet/garbage disposal, install master faucet, install tub/shower hardware,towel/tp hardware, phone calling cabinet workers, calling for blinds, more drywall patches, prime drywall patches, start touch-up paint, install door springs, install heat vents, install duct covers, vacuuming, pulling up all the paper and exposing tile (finally!), installing missing lights, Lowes run, Home Depot run, plus Brent went to his full-time job and I got to enjoy parent teacher conferences!

Time for bed!  I'm up again in 5 hours!  It still feels like Groundhog Day (the movie). Wake-up, send kids off, go work at the house, greet kids/cook dinner, go back to house, go to bed, repeat.  But it is really feeling worth it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment