02 February 2013

DAY 486: Weekend of Work

Brent took work off yesterday so we could spend another two solid days on the house.  We're just piecing together the details: plumbing fixtures, installing sinks, finishing lights, Brent made another fence/railing, scrubbing, cleaning, touch up paint.

Today Cole and Brent did a lot of plumbing:



Now that this light is almost in we have only two more lights to do in the house.  Who am I kidding?  It's not we, it's either Cole or Brent that has two more lights to put up.  They are the electrical geniuses! 
 
I spent the entire morning with the girlies scrubbing all the concrete in the basement. Carpet goes in on Monday and Tuesday so today was crunch time to get it all cleaned.  The mudding phase of the house was very messy and we had mud puddles everywhere.  We first scrapped everything, then vacuumed, then used the bristle brush, then mopped it all with a sponge.  We had a good system. (And those who worked got a donut and a sucker)



Don't take my picture...
 No pictures...
 No, no pictures today I'm in work clothes...
 Really, no pictures...
 Aewwww, the sisters caught me...
 They are all cute even in work clothes.  I keep telling my girls that the right kind of boy will like them (and maybe like them even better) even in work clothes.  They worked HARD today.
 Sierra had a birthday shout Hurray!
 She passed her learner's test....
 And is now driving. 
 We are so tired.  Tired, tired, tired.  Last night Brent and I came home for dinner.  He said he was going downstairs to watch a little TV.  I felt kindof cold so I climbed into bed at 7:30 to warm-up.  We BOTH fell asleep.  I didn't wake-up until Brent came in the room at 10pm.  He had just woken-up.  We had big plans to go back to the house after dinner but sleep took over.  Almost done, almost done!

We are trying for a final inspection on Tuesday morning.  Cross your fingers for us!  We hope that the list won't be as gynormous as the list from the four way inspection.  I imagine that we will have many things to remedy but we're just getting so close!  (insert cheering here)

No comments:

Post a Comment