23 November 2012

DAY 415: Brent's Deck

In case you were wondering...yes...we worked on Thanksgiving Day.  We worked the day before Thanksgiving and we worked today.  I will always be grateful for hands that work.  For hands that can work.  For hands that like to work.  It's a blessing!

The kidlettes and I worked on filling all the finish work holes in the basement.  It took us many hours but all the finish work holes are FINISHED!  (Imagine all of us doing the happy dance).

This weeks highlight: the deck.  Brent has been working hard on this project.  Before we even excavated he had started the banister.  I love it and Brent has done a wonderful job on making it look sleek, stylish and completely awesome.  I also love that Cole is learning how to weld.  He enjoys welding as a result of our family project. Tonight Brent said that he makes beautiful welds.  Doesn't surprise me, he is a meticulous kid when it comes to projects and making stuff. 



Brent and Cole will weld the entire banister, take it down, and send it off to be powder coated and baked.  It will be a gorgeous matte black.  As I type Brent and Cole are welding in the dark finishing off the north side of the deck.  We are enjoying a fun phase of the house--watching all the parts come together.  Some are even better than we EVER imagined that they would be.  For example, I love the paint choices.  I agonized over the right combination but I think we nailed it.  
 NEW BLACK WIDOW TALLY: 12
Yesterday I drenched three fine specimens in a juicy spider poison cocktail.  This menacing fella (or sista?) crawled back into his web and gave up.  I buried him.  What is up with all the black widows at our house?  Maybe we have one of those creepy mother of all spiders like the Harry Potter movie and she is sending out all of her babies to scare us off.  Eeeeewwwww, I do not like spiders.




No comments:

Post a Comment