16 November 2012

DAY 408: Au Revior Twinkie the Kid, Salut Shelving!

 Yup, I did, I fully participated in the American Cultural Frenzy Buy Out of Twinkies.  I bonded with an older Grandpa and Grandma who were stock piling their favorites.  They reminisced about their favorite Hostess snacks as they guarded their loot on the check-out conveyor belt.  They even both waved at me in the parking lot as they drove away with huge smiles on their faces.  They were a hoot!

So, we brought our Twinkies to share with the subs (I still have some at home....).  Good times.
 Maya checked out her closet.  She and Estee beat me downstairs and by the time I got there they had decided which shelf belongs to which girlie.  They decided that they must have a step stool in their closet.
Here's another funky oops in the house.  Our plumber did not place one of the pipes INTO the foam.  He didn't cut out the foam so that the pipe would be flat on the cement wall.  It was too late when we saw it.  So, Cole ended up with some funky framing in his closet.  Of all my kids who NEED shelf space, it's Cole.  His room is FILLED with inventions and projects.  I think I will have to donate ONE, only one, section of shelf in the food storage room.  It's right next to his room so it shouldn't be a big deal.  So, if you end up doing ICF for your home, check EVERYTHING and make sure that lines don't poke outside of the foam.  
 This is the bead board in my yellow powder room.  I can't wait to prime the walls, paint it white and get that cute hexagon tile on the floor.  It's going to be SO cheery!
Our siding crew knocked off a little early I assume because of rain.  This is the side of the house, the family entrance from the garage.  I am anxious to get paint on the house!  
I spent my entire day (not exaggerating) listening to sales people talk carpet.  My head is spinning, so much to consider.  And ooohhhh, whoa, the cost!  Deep breath, deep breath.

I stand corrected.  Tomorrow I will be filling 7, 130, 915 holes with putty.  I counted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment