28 November 2012

DAY 420: Here Comes the Stone! Tile Preps!

 The last two days have been busy at our concrete home.  We have someone tiling, someone doing finish work, and our siding crew.  Brent and I haven't been working inside the house as much as we want just because there is no space right now.  It's taking shape.

We chose Harristone, Chief Joseph, Summit color for our stone.  I think that Brent was expecting not to have so many big pieces of stone (the squares and rectangles) but more of the long thin stones.  So was I.  It's so hard to tell from a sample panel at a store.  We probably should have gone to visit a few houses.  However, I still think that it's going to be beautiful!

The stone mason is Noah and he does beautiful work!
 This shot was taken Monday just after they finished the gable.  The foam on the porch is now officially the ONLY exposed foam left on the entire house!  Big milestone for us! 
 This is the last view of our window repair from months and months ago...

 We are using our neighbor Randy as our tile setter.  For the past three days he has laid and stapled wire mesh, floated the cement to prep the floor and picked up half of our 4,000+ pounds of tile. We chose a Contempo tile called "Lines".  It's a large 20x20 tile and I'm excited to see the results.  The tile is beautiful, modern, and I haven't seen it in other homes.  Contempo has beautiful tile but they do not budge on prices.  DalTile was going to give us a sweet deal on a similar tile, I just didn't like it as much.  I went in this morning to barter a bit to try to get the price down.  I told my story and the clerk just looked at me and said with an attitude "Go to DalTile".  Unfortunately for me, it was the Contempo tile that  really loved so we bought the tile. 
Sneek peek at the stair case that Ben is working on.  The photo was taken when it was a wee bit dark.  Brent is making the banister/railings that he will start to place on Saturday.  It's gonna' be a cute staircase.  Should have taken a picture: the wood lines both sides of the stairs, the carpet will look like a runner.  Now we have to choose a stain that will match all the other wood that we have going on in other places....
All of the choices and decisions are a bit overwhelming.  There are SO many choices, luckily a budget limits some of the choices.  I hope that everything will go together right, from carpet to paint to tile to lights to cupboards to wood stains to everything.  Ugh.  But happy ugh!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment