03 January 2013

DAY 456: Banisters for New Years


Happy New Year!

Exactly 14 months ago today we dug the hole for our concrete home.  Each day we inch a little closer to the move in...

We got banisters for New Years!  Brent and Cole spend Jan 1st installing the gorgeous railings that the two of them fabricated.  I am so proud of my boys!  Just look at how gorgeous they turned out:



 Brent is filled with a lot of talent but one of his greatest loves is welding.  He has made some beautiful pieces for us.  I LOVE to watch him with Cole.  I love that he and Cole built these railings.  As I type Brent is in the freezing garage (currently 11 degrees outside...) welding and sanding the banisters for inside the house.

Nate from Good Neighbors came and worked on gutters and downspouts.  I feel bad that people have to work in the super cold.  Yuck.  Nate installed 2 chains in the front of our house.  They should rust over which will look great (in our opinion). 
 Randy is working on our master bath.  See the horizontal grey stripe of thinset? 
 This lovely glass tile will fill up that stripe of thin set. I am excited to have a little glass accent in the shower.  (The glass is prettier than the picture)
Burrrrrrrrrrrr.  Tonight it's down to 7 degrees.  Not much better for the following nights.  Last night was extremely cold also but when I walked into our house at 9am the temp was 40 degrees.  Remember, that's without a furnace working.  This concrete wall stuff might pay off after all!


No comments:

Post a Comment