07 January 2013

DAY 460: Brent's Should-Be-In-The-Parade-Of-Homes Banister

He is almost done!  The banister is a show-stopper!  Wow is all I can say.  Brent did an awesome job.  The black is so beautiful against the stained alder.  I am happy for Brent that the project is almost done, it was HUGE.  And now we get to enjoy it and tell stories about it for years.


This past Saturday Brent cut pipes....
Soldered pipes...
 Connected more pipes...
 And continued to work on the furnace.  Big thanks to our friend (and current landlord) Rob who is helping us piece this together.  The furnace is our (hopefully) last big hurdle.  We need the heat to put in our wood entry and our carpet.  So where was I this weekend?  I pretty much filled holes, holes, holes (kindof funny that's the book I'm reading to the girlies right now "Holes"...love that book!).  Ben finished putting in all the baseboards so I had to prep everything for painting. 
Sierra likes our master shower and tub.  She wishes that we had a jacuzzi tub but that's just something I have never wanted. The deep, deep tub is perfect for me! 
 I am tickled with the glass accent trim.  It pulls in the color of the cabinets and the color of the walls.  On Wednesday we have people coming to measure for the glass.
My favorite memory of the weekend was of Estee.  She hadn't visited the house for about a week.  She walked into the yellow "old-timey" bathroom and gasped the sweetest sound of surprise.  It was pure glee.  I hope to get that reaction from a few adult visitors.  I love my yellow bathroom (even if it doesn't match the rest of the house).

Things are clipping along.  When are we moving in?  Dunno.  When we finish. 

No comments:

Post a Comment