17 January 2013

DAY 471: More Cupboards Again!

This is what appeared today:
More cupboards!!!!  We have a few bugs to work out...like some of the cupboard doors don't meet in the middle.  We'll get it fixed, as has been our tradition for the past few months.  Brent and Rob spent the evening on that ol' furnace.  Brent was dumping gallons of water in the tank as I left.

Brent is taking the day off of work tomorrow.  I will take Brent here:
 Arizona Tile in SLC (West Valley)!!! http://www.arizonatile.com/locations/locations-utah.aspx   It is an amazing show room filled with granite and marble slabs.  I've been to quite a few show rooms lately, but this one was my favorite. 
 Pretty sure that White Springs is the winner!  Tomorrow at 11:30 they will pull out four slabs/two sets of "twins".  We have to pick a set of "twins" for our kitchen.  
 Our cupboard stain looks so red against the granite.  White Springs is a light granite with gray, black, white, burgundy, and cream.  It fits everything that we have going on in our kitchen. 


 It is not a granite that has a ton of movement (that makes me dizzy) and it is not monotonous. There is just enough variation in pattern to give us something to talk about. 
We will head up to SLC after I get my replacement license.  Lost it somewhere yesterday morning (drat).  I have a bad habit of taking it out of my wallet when I drive Miss Maya to swim team in the morning.  It was there when I took her to swim, but gone when I went to pick her up.  It is a mystery and it has disappeared into the same black hole in our house that is holding Sierra's necklace hostage. 

 I was reminded today of something I read in the December 2012 Ensign.  It helped me during the Christmas season as I rehearsed the story in my mind:
In 1876 the St. George Utah Temple was nearing completion. The dedication ceremony for the basement, main room, and sealing room was scheduled for January 1, 1877.8 With Christmas just seven days before the dedication, many in St. George worked frantically to help ensure the temple was completed in time.
President Wilford Woodruff, who served as the first president of the temple, recorded in his journal that on Christmas day the men were busy at work with buzz saws and that 40 women spent the whole day in the temple sewing carpets. They laid carpet and put up curtains.9

Although they nearly didn’t finish in time, their offering that Christmas season was worth the effort. This work was their Christmas celebration. With 2,000 people present on January 1, President Woodruff gave the dedicatory prayer for portions of the temple—over 30 years after Latter-day Saints had been forced to abandon the Nauvoo Temple.

Work, gotta' love it.  I'm grateful for a husband who understands the importance of work.  I hope it is passed down to our kidlettes--we're sure trying hard to make that happen!

1 comment:

  1. Lisa, I think that granite is a beautiful choice, and your cabinets are also beautiful. Getting so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete