25 January 2013

DAY 479: Flooring Delivered and Range Hood is UP!!

Brent took the day off of work to be at the house.  First we cleaned out the living room to make way for the wood! It was delivered today since our house is now breathing (YAY!  We finally have geothermal heat!). The wood is now all spread out in the living room.  Just waiting.  Soaking up the awesome environment of our concrete home.  I had to buy an oscillating fan to circulate the air. That's trickier than you would think in January.  With all our freezing temps these days in Utah, cooling off doesn't seem to be on a lot of people's minds. 
Last night Brent and I installed the range hood.  No, it's not white...it's just the protective plastic coating.  It's beautiful stainless steel, just like the other appliances.  (I wonder when I will look at the stainless steel and think it's outdated.  I remember clearly thinking about a new fridge "and it's a beautiful almond bisque, not white like all the other fridges".  Yep, Almond Bisque.).

It was a bit awkward putting up the hood.  I spent most of the time holding up the hood against the wall with it balanced on my head as Brent worked to find the brackets inside the foam (that's why we rarely have action shots when I'm involved).  But "yay" for success!  That thing is firmly attached to the wall.
This afternoon I received an email from a very good friend with an offer to help.  She noticed in my window that my tree is still up. (The poor tree is a bit frazzled, ornaments are all out of place, looks like a cat got inside and ran around--except we have no pets)
She offered to come help put it away.  If you know my friend, you know that she is sincere with her offer and that she would be embarrassed if I mentioned her name. It was a specific and unique offer for service, one that I will always remember.  A perfect example of a well thought out idea instead of "call me if you need help!"

I have another sweet, kind friend who lets me know frequently "call me when it's time to clean!" (She means it and I will call her) 

I am touched by the generous help offers.  I have been so grateful for friends and family who have watched out for me during this project.  It has been amazing, wonderful, and I will be forever grateful that you helped carry me!

But I do kindof like still seeing the tree.  It's a constant reminder that I'm only eleven months away from celebrating Christmas in our concrete home. You can bet that it's going to be wonderful for us. We may have missed this past Christmas in our new home but I have so much to look forward to!

Our moving date is coming.  We still don't have a specific date. But I know it is closer because boxes are now inhabiting our living room. I feel like collecting boxes so that's a good sign of confidence.   I even had friends who brought me boxes from their son's move (thanks!!). 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment