03 December 2011

DAY 62: Pads for basement radiant heat go down

Brent's project yesterday and today was the pads for the radiant heat.  The most frustrating part of the project (as I understand it since I was not there) was leveling out the ground.  We had already worked on it ALL DAY last Saturday.  Yesterday he spent another day with my cousin Derek leveling.  Today they were able to lay down the pads.


My cousin Derek came down for two days to help:



This DeWalt saw belonged to Brent's father Lowell.  Lowell was a contractor (and a JH band teacher).  He did a lot of construction.  Brent said that he would help his dad unload this saw at the work sites.  This many years later we're using it at our house.




And of course Estee always enjoys posing for the pictures (it beats working in her book):



Note to self: fix the date stamp on the camera.  We're not in Europe (pictures taken 3 December 2011). 

1 comment:

  1. Lisa, the work you are all doing is very impressive. My parents had their home built when I was a sophomore at Timpview. I remember going to the house at different stages of development. The pics of your kids reminds me of how much my siblings and I anticipated it being finished. I think this is a wonderful family project. Keep up the good work--I'm sure it is WORK!

    ReplyDelete