29 February 2012

DAY 150: The Garage Gets a Roof!

Happy Leap Year!
Today the garage trusses were placed!  This time we were able to watch work happen (except this morning when I went over to shovel snow out of our kitchen, dining room, laundry, front room, bedroom...you get the picture).  It's another one of those days when I said to myself "now it feels real".  It's looking more and more like a house!

Trusses were lifted up at 9:00 am:
 Trusses from the back (picture taken from the church parking lot):
 Kidlettes came for a visit after school:

 By 3:00 pm the framers were already placing the particle board on the roof.  The garage is all stick-built (cheaper).

 Note for my local friends: This is the church on 540 west.  Our lot/house is directly behind the volleyball courts. 
Tomorrow the trusses go up on the house--I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment