17 February 2012

Day 138: A Reflection

A lot of people say "I can't believe that you are building your house." Build-building our house is what we are doing.  It's what I married into.  It's one of the things that was amazing to me about Brent--I could not believe everything he could do.  The first night I met him I learned that he had three sewing machines and that he had reupholstered his boat.  One night he cooked me lasagne.  He had canned tomatoes and I asked if his mom was a canner.  "Oh, I grew these tomatoes and canned them myself" was his response.  He knew everything there was to know about fixing cars.

I started thinking about this again because I came across my favorite wedding photo of us in one of my photo files:
It was the most perfect day ever!  Sealed in the Manti Temple (http://www.ldschurchtemples.com/manti/) followed later by a beautiful reception in the Springville Art Museum.  We were standing in line and word quickly spread that Brent had made his own bow tie and cummerbund to go under his
white dinner jacket (tux).  True story.  As I remember, someone came through the line and asked if he had made his shoes.  Now, Brent has made a lot of things, but shoes are not on that list (yet).  Brent is the ultimate DIY guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment