14 June 2014

Garage, I mean Shop, Epoxy Floor

Brent and I often have a discussion about what the area that houses the cars and all his tools is called.  He says it's a shop, I call it the detached garage. At any rate, we worked hard at making that floor as perfectly clean as possible, etching it, and then laying down the epoxy.  It turned out beautifully and we love it.  It was a very hands on process and I didn't get any pictures of the process.  The great news is that since we did it ourselves it only cost $250.00 in materials--well worth all the work.  It took us a few weeks since we had to move things in and out of the shop/garage. The floor needs a sweep and a mop but you get the general idea:

 We also hung our stoplight, which I love and it catches the attention of all the neighbor kids.  We got it at a BYU surplus sale for $50.00 and it used to hang in my art classroom. Brent told one neighbor boy that we needed it to tell us to stop the car so we don't go through the other end of the garage.  The boy simply answered "my mom doesn't have one of those".

We did very an awesome job of getting a crisp edge with duct tape.

Don't shy away from doing the epoxy on your own garage.  It sounds complicated but doing it yourself saves so much money it's unreal.  One of the most cost effective projects we have done at our house!

No comments:

Post a Comment