03 January 2012

DAY 93: Now That's a Garage!

HaPpY nEw YeAr!

Salt Lake City Current Conditions


46°F
Partly Cloudy


Today the garage foundation was poured.  We had a few hic-ups with engineering when Rick (foundation guru) discovered that the re bar schedule addendum wasn't in the plans.  Many phone calls later we had the needed information from the engineer and the work went on.  This is the largest crew yet that has descended on our lot.  Around 15 workers total!  It was fun to see so much work happen so quickly!  Wow!  A garage foundation! My job today was to travel to Sandy to pick-up four of the largest, greasiest bolts I have ever seen.  Something to do with the foundation.  I stopped to get doughnuts for the crew.  Rick said I was trying to "sweetn' things up" after the rough start....I think it helped a little bit. 












Estee posing with a doughnut intended for the crew:

No comments:

Post a Comment