03 October 2012

DAY 367: Happy Houseiversary

One year ago TODAY we broke ground for our concrete home.  What a year. I'm happy that this time has passed because it means we're closer than we were last year to moving into our abode! (ya, I know, don't look at the day number, it's off.  365 days in a year, I get it, but somewhere between leap year and my excellent math skills I have labeled the days wrong...)

I love the photo taken by the (stolen) plantcam.  It reminds me just how far we have come in a year.  A whole house now stands firmly in that hole!  HALLELUJAH!

Brent continues to work at the house every night.  He comes home from work and heads straight over.  His time is filled with the details: finishing electrical panels, sanding door jambs, gas line, filling in exterior foam.  Sometimes I'm able to go over and help at night depending on the kidlettes. Last night I tested my skills with the electronic label maker.  I won, the upstairs electrical panel is now labeled.


I'm usually the phone call maker during the day.  Yesterday I scheduled and ordered the garage door (it's going to be good looking!), scheduled an appointment with Kris (she is AWESOME!!!)  at Jones Paint and Glass  to get interior doors measured, tried to contact our exterior siding guys (hard to reach). Today I need to track down our framers again since we have a porch beam issue and a side post hic-up. 

We continue to wait for the sheetrock guys to finish their part.  They are fast at what they do, but slow to come to the job.  We don't get it.  They will come for 1 day or 2 days during the week and then "poof" they are gone for days and days.  They still need to finish mudding and taping, sanding, and the finish texture.  We can't paint until they are done.  (Hum Jeopardy theme here....) some day they will finish. 

A big thanks to my sister Camille for the edited/updated post title!  (The two of us love to make up new words!)
Happy Anniversary to us!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment