08 October 2012

DAY 372: You Had Me At "Could Save You a lot of Money"

Imagine my delight when I opened my email at noon to find:  

"Lisa, we have some cabinets that we had to take back from a client who ran out of money. Many of these could be used in your home. I have gone through and drawn them in to your kitchen. They are quarter sawn oak inset shaker doors. Do you have some time that you could come and look at them to see if they would work for you? I could save you a lot of money if we can make them work for you. Please let me know if this sounds interesting to you. Thanks, Rick."

Yep, I ran over to Chateau Cabinets IMMEDIATELY to check it out. 

Here are the actual cabinets removed from the new build.  They are brand spankin' new.  They might be invited to live at Our Concrete Home.  Whadda ya' think?

So now for my evenings activities I am sitting at the kitchen table running numbers, comparing their cabinets to my layouts, etc.  I can't believe our luck.  I mean, really, how many people do quarter sawn oak now-a-days?  And shaker style nonetheless.  Wow.  I hope I can make some of them work.  I'm all about the "Could Save A Lot Of Money" part.  We might be able to outfit a large portion of our laundry with their mudroom.  We were going to wait to install the laundry and mudroom, but WOW. 

Got a bit of a break today and went to help with the sixth grade annual rocket launch.  Maya made a cute, short, chubby rocket.  She painted it lime green and put a mustache on it.  Loved it!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment