13 October 2012

DAY 376: An Almost Finished Retaining Wall and More Painting Prep

We have almost conquered the retaining wall!  But alas, once again it took up our entire Saturday.  The blocks that stacked on top of our bases were easier to place (as we were told) but I still don't enjoy putting up retaining walls.  But I will for the rest of my life look at that wall and know that Brent, Cole and I did it all by ourselves.

Brent always likes the days when he gets to rent a big toy.  He was getting really precise towards the end of the project and could manipulate the bucket really well.  It takes  touch and Brent did it!




 Grandpa and Grandma picked up Estee for a special Birthday breakfast at IHOP.  Estee loved it and I was told that she shared all of our family secrets.  Ah, kids....
 When I wasn't retaining walling I ran a few errands.  On one of the errands I filled my car with 35 gallons of primer, 15 gallons of ceiling paint and 20 gallons of Revere Pewter to get the walls started.  Our house is now all white inside. 
I took the kidlettes to Brent's work party tonight.  Brent stayed behind and continued to work.  The kids loved it and were happy to have a break during fall break.  Ahhhhhh, here comes Sunday, I can't wait!  I need it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment