20 October 2012

DAY 383: Painted Splashes of Color in the Rooms

One of the projects we worked on today, Saturday, was to add the accent wall color to each of the kidlette's bedrooms. 

Maya and Estee both had to compromise (they are sharing a room) and settled for "Pink Innocence".  Cole's wall is "Rockport Gray" and Sierra's wall is "Antiguin Sky".  They all chose awesome colors but the pink is a little too pink for me (the girlies are tickled though). 

 Our powder room bathroom is a delicious sounding color "Lemon Meringue".  It feels really yellow to me right now...I think I need to wait a while before I do anything drastic like soften the color.  This bathroom will have a white bead board wains coat with trim, a white pedestal sink and of course a white toilet.  The floor will have the charming white "subway" hexagon tiles.  I can't wait for this bathroom--it's going to be soooo cheerful!  Estee begged to paint so I let her try it out for a bit....
Everyone was tired and cranky today but as a wise man once sang "Things can only get Better!!!!" Now sing along "Woah, woah, woah, oh, woah, woah, woah, oh, oh, oh, oh".  But check out another wonderful part of Howard Jones' song:" Future dreams we have to realize.....A thousand skeptic hands, Won't keep us from the things we plan.......And do you feel scared – I do, But I won't stop and falter...."

We're getting closer each day.  It's still a LOT of work.  I am proud of our children who have worked nearly every Saturday for the last year.  Truly a family feat.  I love you Cole, Sierra, Maya and Estee! Thank you for helping us build our home.  

.

1 comment:

  1. Great 80's song!

    Love the progress on the painting :)

    Your family is amazing--a real example to me. Thanks for sharing the ups and downs of this huge undertaking. I look forward to seeing it done, but at the same time, it makes me sad to realize you won't be in our ward or my visiting teacher anymore :( Guess we'll just have to make a regular lunch date to catch up on each other's lives :)

    ReplyDelete