28 October 2012

DAY 391: Bungalow Gothic circa 1994

We are having a restful Sunday afternoon (much needed!).  I was with two of the girlies in the living room and saw our pile of Christmas books.  The first year we were married I purchased an illustrated children's Christmas story with the intent that the tradition would continue year after year (it has, we're on book 21 this year).  Each year I have remembered to put in our Christmas card inside the front of the book.  We have had some pretty creative cards in the past but have fizzled a bit since trying to get the house done.  Anyway, this is the first Christmas in our first home.  Sans enfants.  Just Brent and Lisa.  We still own this little downtown Provo bungalow.  When I visit to help out tenants I love to see the things we repeated in our concrete home.  Specifically from this view:  an awesome porch (we will have a swing just like this house) and two large pictures windows in the front.

Yesterday we went on a shopping spree to Lowes. We had a coupon for 10% off so it had to be used! We purchased $1.000 worth of lighting supplies.  The trip took up three hours of the morning.  Brent and Cole started working on more electrical.  We actually have switches, plugs and a light in the laundry room!  I helped Hilario with the painting. I was sanding girl.  He is VERY particular and I am grateful.   It was a busy, long day but things are coming together!

Living room and kitchen are now officially PAINTED!!!! Each time I see the Revere Pewter on the walls I LOVE it!!!!  It's the perfect color for us.  Very mellow, not white. 
 This is the mess that is the front of our house right now.  The garage is almost all wrapped.  I can't wait to see the hardie board on the garage and get the sneek preview of what our house will look like. 

 Remember Easter?  My table was  mess like this.  Trying to pick out color schemes...
Wanting very much for the color scheme to be similar to the home that got the design ball rolling...
So I plastered the front of the house with three green grays and three tan yellows.  These were the poster boards that the girlies painted two weeks ago.  The plain white poster board represents the trim/banding color.  This picture isn't kind to the color choices.  They are a lot more vibrant in person.  I know for sure that I DON'T like the middle green gray, too gray, too blase (imagine an accent aigu over the e.  I don't have a french "keyboard").  If you have any input, drop by the house and tell me your preference.  I think that our house may stand out a bit in the neighborhood, doesn't exactly match the color scheme.  But it matches our scheme!
Now, gotta' sew, gotta' sew, gotta' sew.  For the first time in a VERY VERY long time, I only have one costume to sew.  Estee, bless her heart, agreed to wear one of Maya's old costumes.  She makes a darling Cleopatra and gets to wear a brand new wig!  I can't believe it's Halloween. I think I'm going to light my baked apple candle and try to get in the Fall mood. It always feels like a build-a-house mood...

Happy Sunday! 




No comments:

Post a Comment